The Devil at My Doorstep: How I Survived a Three-Year War with Big Labor and Protected My Employees and Business
by David A. Bego, President and CEO of Executive Management Services (EMS)
Buy Now - Paperback $18.95 only $15.95 for INK subscribersDavid Bego provides an insightful narrative of his three-year-long, million-dollar (and still counting) battle with the powerful Service Employees International Union. A true David against Goliath tale, Bego refused to roll over in the face of SEIU demands for a neutrality agreement. His desire to protect the company he started on a shoestring and grew to employ nearly 5000 workers in 33 states, lead to a corporate campaign that is still not resolved. Reading Bego’s gripping account, you will learn::
- Why running a quality company while providing top-tier wage and benefit packages doesn’t ensure you will not be a union target.
- The tell-tale signs that a corporate campaign is imminent.
- The range of union tactics that you can expect in such a campaign, including
- Confrontations & threats to your employees
- Employee stalking
- “Salting” of your company
- Letters to your customers and/or suppliers detailing unprovable allegations of company impropriety.
- Collaboration with well-meaning but misguided activist groups or high-profile third parties, such as clergy.
- Demonstrations, protests, boycotts, handbilling and flyers.
- Use of children as sympathy icons.
- Filing of Unfair Labor Practice charges, OSHA violations, and other legal gambits.
- How to turn the tables on the union – what to do, and what not to do!
Available in Paperback, 185 Pages