The UAW continues to steal the headlines when it comes to union corruption these days. In the last month…
- Gary Jones, UAW president, resigned amid suspicion of his involvement in the ongoing scandals.
- Jeffery Pietrzyk pleaded guilty to taking bribes and kickbacks in the ongoing UAW corruption investigation with both GM and FCA.
- Joe Ashton, former UAW vice president, has been formally charged with wire fraud and money laundering in relationship with GM. Ashton is expected to plead guilty.
- Federal agents raided a UAW-owned luxury lakeside cabin and resort.
- GM filed a racketeering lawsuit against FCA.
Add the American Federation of Government Employees to the list of union leadership being accused of ongoing sexual harassment. There are reportedly ten people who work for the organization that say they either witnessed or experienced inappropriate behavior by David Cox, President of AFGE. While this news is disappointing enough, what is even more upsetting is that the union reportedly told staff to keep quiet about it.