Artificial Intelligence (AI) is already deeply entrenched in the HR systems of companies worldwide, with 83% of U.S. companies using AI in some form. Globally, current uses include:
- Using chatbots to look up information such as company policies or benefits (56 percent).
- Identifying the best candidates based on publicly available data, like social media profiles (44 percent).
- Providing recommendations for learning and training to employees (43 percent).
- Using chatbots to engage with candidates during recruitment (41 percent).
- Screening and assessing candidates during recruitment (40 percent).
What is more interesting is what companies are targeting to do with AI in the near future. These include:
- The ability to identify employees who are disengaged or at risk of leaving.
- Suggestions of job openings or career paths for current employees.
- Help in the performance management process.
- Customization or improving benchmarking in compensation.
How soon will labor relations “heat maps” be produced by AI so we can focus on strategies to stay out front of festering issues?